Let’s be honest, we all want to be successful, whether success means growing our business or getting the gold medal at the Olympics to us.
But the question is, can success be called a success without integrity? Is it really important? What is integrity? Mindsetopia answers in this way: success without integrity is a failure! period.
I once read an interview with Warren Buffet in which he stated:
“We look for three things when we hire people. We look for intelligence, we look for initiative or energy, and we look for integrity. And if they don’t have the latter, the first two will kill you because if you’re going to get someone without integrity, you want them lazy and dumb. “
Success Without Integrity Is Failure
The word “integrity” indicates goodness, honesty, blamelessness, someone who can be trusted.
If you go to the Oxford dictionary and look for the definition of integrity, then you can this sentence: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.
Integrity is always doing the right thing in any circumstance, even if others are not watching. Doing the right thing does not mean getting it right.
Making mistakes is acceptable, we all make mistakes, but lying to hide them is not. Integrity is being faithful to our feelings, values , and ethical commitments.
Also, this video from Time Management and Productivity youtube channel can help you understand the meaning of integrity:
Imagine you are working as a leader of a team in a company. When you show integrity, it flows into all levels of your team members.
That does not mean that new people who don’t fit to this group’s energy will leave, but they will go when they discover that the group handles differently.
One of the most important aspects of business integrity is growing but not under any circumstances!
It goes against the famous phrase: “you have to be successful, no matter the cost!” this can be a perfect tool even for your teammates to learn integrity and apply it in their personal life.
When you have a team that honestly cares about each other, that supports each other, it becomes a magnet for people fed up with the unfair competition seen in many places, it would a welcoming place where you can grow.
Also, it can not only push the company toward success, but also it can be a place for individual progress.
It would be best if you kept watching what happens in your team. For example, creating rules and a code of honour that establishes correct behaviour patterns within your team can be useful.
Answer some of the following questions to measure the integrity with which your team is managed:
- Is your word worth it? Do you keep what you promise?
- Do you encourage the purchase of original materials, or do you make copies in bulk?
- Do you pay your taxes according to the laws of your country?
- Do you respect other distributors’ guests at open events and make sure they are signed with their rightful?
- Do you pay for events and marketing materials, or do you encourage the company to pay?
- Do you keep your testimonials about your products honest and do not create excessive expectations in people about your products?
- Do you present your income opportunity and your company honestly?
When you handle yourself with integrity, you will attract and keep good people in your team.
You will maintain a more united team that will not fall apart in the face of any challenge, but above all, you will feel better about your business conscience and inner peace.
Read More: How Mindset Affects Success
When do we act with integrity?
Acting with integrity does not mean subordinating our efforts in pursuit of inner well-being but rather giving the best we really have to achieve the goals we pursue. This is perfect, and there is no integrity without a pursuit of perfection.
Inner peace is only obtained, ultimately, by recognizing that we have given ourselves thoroughly in what we pursue, in what matters to us. Integrity is ultimately our best guide to success.
Acting with integrity can be difficult. There are many situations that are not entirely clear, sometimes a person who always seems upright can make a bad mistake. It seems that he is not really upright, although everything is ok about him.
Pay attention that not being upright at work can result in losing your job or in your personal life, it can cause you to lose your family or loved ones. So it is really important! But how can we boost our integrity? Here are useful tips.
Boost your integrity
To start, you will have to talk to others and find out what they think of you. You have to find out if you have an appropriate level of confidence for others.
This way, you will know if you are acting with integrity or parts you have to improve. With these tips, you can shape your integrity so that others begin to trust you … really!
- Don’t break your promises: by keeping our words and commitments you can really boost your integrity. No matter what kind of promise you make, family or business, what is really important is that you never break them. and if you do so, you have to apologize. remember, trust is like a glass, when it’s broken it cant be as good as it was.
- First think about it and then decide: when it comes to integrity commitment is everything! make sure you can do 100% of anything people ask from you!
- Stop saying yes to everyone: we all have our limits and if you want to keep your integrity I strongly suggest you to say no to most requests that you doubt about them.
- Be careful about people who have no integrity: the people around you can shape your world and that true! make sure you avoid the people who can hurt your integrity.
- Show kindness and empathy towards people around you: Life is short and without kindness, it can be an unbearable hell! You cannot live a happy life with integrity without being compassionate for others.
- Never ever break your values: our values are what define us! they guide us, help us and shape us in life and by betraying them you can not only destroy your integrity but also your character! so, stay committed to your values.
How integrity helped my success journey
I believe in karma and when I show compassion and kindness toward people around me I receive a lot of positive energy. It really helped me to boost my integrity and people trusted me in my career and job.
You may believe it or not but I found a lot of opportunities just by keeping this rule: help people and be humble.
Here is another matter that was helpful in my success: always keep your promises and even though you may see some temporary failures but eventually you will get a lot of success.
Integrity helped to meet people that offered me the best opportunities.
Your integrity can attract good and honest people in your life which will result in increasing the quality of your life. after all what can be better a good life?